Posted by Brett Kincaid on October 25, 2012
This stopped being a competition between Adam and me a few weeks ago. While we both stumbled out of the gate, Adam regained his footing and has put together a profitable year thus far. Meanwhile, I’ve been slowly losing money all season. Last week epitomized my season. I went into Sunday afternoon having won 5 of 6 bets. All I need was Oakland to cover 4 at home against a pathetic Jacksonville team and Chicago – one of my favorite plays of the week – to cover 6.5 points at home against Detroit on Monday Night Football.
The Raiders won by 3 and the Bears gave up a late TD to cover by six. Two points total kept me away from a 7-1 sheet and much needed profit. Instead I had to settle for a meager $30 win and 5-3-0 record. Gambling is not for the weak-hearted.
Adam has no such problems. In fact, he ran the gauntlet last week. For the second time this season Adam turned in a clean sheet. He went 4-0-0 ATS in Week Four, and we were all impressed. This time, though, he doubled it! AB ripped off a perfect week, going 8-0-0 ATS, netting a tidy $800 profit. He is literally playing with House money. All his wagers this week are covered by his profits made this season.
If things go wrong this week, I may need to take out a loan. It would be like worlds colliding. He can’t go wrong, so it’s almost certain that he’d get his money back plus the vig. I can’t get anything right, so it’s almost certain that I wouldn’t be able to make my weekly payments.
These are the things that go through my brain…
If you didn’t join us last year or simply need to brush up on things, here is a quick refresher on the rules:
- Maximum of 8 single plays during the week
- One optional teaser and one optional parlay also allowed
- Minimum of $50 wager
- Both started the season with a $1,000 bankroll but may borrow from the House if they go bust
- Clemson (-13.5) at Wake Forest, $55 to win $50
- Mississippi State (+24) at Alabama, $55 to win $50
- Notre Dame (+11.5) at Oklahoma, $55 to win $50
- Vikings (-6) v. Buccaneers, $55 to win $50
- Titans (-3.5) v. Colts, $55 to win $50
- Packers (-16) v. Jaguars, $55 to win $50
- TEASE: Bears (-3) v. Panthers AND Browns (+8.5) v. Chargers, $120 to win $100
- Total Wagers: $450
- Max Win: $400
- Last Week: 5-3-0
- Season Total: 23-32-1
- Ohio St (pick) at Penn St, $110 to win $100
- TCU (+7.5) at Oklahoma St, $110 to win $100
- Tennessee (+14) at South Carolina, $110 to win $100
- Notre Dame (+10) at Oklahoma, $110 to win $100
- Redskins (+5) at Steelers, $110 to win $100
- Giants (-1) at Cowboys, $110 to win $100
- Total Wagers: $660
- Max Win: $600
- Last Week: 8-0-0
- Season Total: 27-21-0
Follow us on Twitter @Blog_Hawgs